21 December 2010

Merry Christmas Un-Madness!

I'm going to let you in on a little family secret.  We have a wonderful Holiday tradition:  we do little, if anything.  We hang out, watch movies, eat, and often change from jammies to...jammies!

I love all the traditional fun of Christmas, but I have to tell you - the last couple of years we have hibernated, spending time just with each other, and it has been very rewarding.

HWK and I bought The Teenager's gifts early, and besides the many, many cookies that I have been and will finish baking tomorrow for The Teenager's friends, our Holiday will be very, very quiet.

And even though we live very close to Manhattan, there's no way you'll catch us braving the frigid cold to go to Times Square for New Year's Eve.  The Teenager is going to a friend's party, and HWK and I will not budge from the house except to squire him to and fro.

Even Toffee the Evil Kitty seems content to simply knead a nest in an afghan and settle in for a peaceful Holiday season!

No comments:

Post a Comment