01 December 2010

Happy Holidays!!





Yay!  The Holidays are officially here, and our tree is up and trimmed!  HWK (who wasn't feeling very well, poor thing) and The Teenager assembled, while I took pics and strung bulbs onto their little hooks.  Those little hooks, by the way, completely disappear into carpet, have you noticed?!?


 

I am posting these this evening, as Toffee the Evil Kitty is already bedding down within the tree, and ornaments have been flying all evening.  Last year we literally had no bulbs on the bottom half of our tree.  Apparently they limited where Toffee could nap, so they had to go!

HWK came through in a big way this year -- I got my Christmas present early:
It's a Brother SE400 combo sewing machine and embroidery wizard-y thingie!! I'm so excited!  I've had a busy two days, so it still looks like this:


Tomorrow morning, however, we are going to bond like crazy!  I am going to sew and monogram and embroider anything I can get my hands on!!  I am nearly beside myself trying to decide which project to do first!

So...(sew...)...if I disappear for a bit, send in the troops, cause I've lost my mind and am embroidering Kitty!!

Have a great rest of the week, everyone!  :)

2 comments:

  1. oooooh you lucky girl!!! the husband by the way...is perusing the Think Geek catalog and is circling madly....i've created a monster. Looks like the Atari Shot glasses and the stress relief Dungeons and Dragons foam dice shall be his. help me. send drinks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...ThinkGeek is the most favoritest place for HWK and The Teenager to "shop" (read: find silly stuff and then bug me until I order it for them). The Teenager LOVES their t-shirts, and HWK is a Star Wars/Star Trek/Zombie/Bacon freak, so it's perfect for him. Their points add up quick, too - I've been able to pick a lot of stocking stuffers for free! :) If you're ever bored, search "bacon" or "zombie on their site. It's skeery!

    ReplyDelete