26 November 2010

Thanksgiving...The Not so Old-Fashioned Way

The Teenager is visiting family in Chicago this Holiday Weekend, so HWK (He Who is King) and I decided to have an unconventional Thanksgiving.  We planned a Movie Marathon, and were going to order Chinese.  Except our favorite Chinese place was CLOSED for the Holiday.  Well, geez....

SO we snuggled up under about a hundred afghans that Mom made for us, watched movies and ate pizza! :)

No dishes, and all day jammies!  If Toffee the Kitty would just learn to bake pies, life would have been near perfect!

I also got to play with some of the lovelies I received from my high school buddy, Dawn:

This is Wilson (the never to be burned Snowman Candle).  I love him!
These three little Amigos are only 3 1/2 inches high!!  Gnomes and Elves rejoice!
Dish and candle are my own -- the awesome potpourri, with wax tartlets, fir sprillies, nuts and berries, and yummy spices,  were a perfect match!
Let's see these again...SO CUTE!!
Dawn lives on a lakeside sheep (and kid and heirloom veggie) farm in the wilds of Maine...you can see (and get for yourself) some of her amazing stuff in her Etsy store: http://www.etsy.com/shop/baahurrahfarm.  I just want to add the caveat that I get first dibs on new stuff!!!  :)

Seriously, I have a well-documented Etsy addiction...and her shop is simply the best.  I got a note earlier today that our (MAINE made, real live) wreath is on its way!!  Check out our soon to be here front door decoration:


Stroll on over RUN! Don't walk! ...on over to her shop.  You won't be disappointed!!!!

Anywho, moving on....HWK and I have technically finished Christmas shopping, but we did a middle-of-the-night run to pick up a couple of things for the house, including:

Oh, my Paula Deen cook set, how I love you....



Good thing, too, because our old set was decrepit!  And it came with a bonus nonstick (champagne colored!) bake set.  Life is good!  Big ole soup pot, double boiler, etc. etc., etc.  :)

I mention this not only to drool over my cookware, but to also address an age-old Black Friday question: pajamas or no pajamas??  I was amazed, as I always am, at the many women in heels, perfectly done hair and make-up and (matching!) fancy-shmancy outfits shopping in the middle of the night on Black Friday.  I go ALL the way the other way.  This year, for example, I went with my bright red fleece PJ jammie bottoms -- the ones with the yellow rubber ducky motif.  (Surely she jests, they think...).  Um, no....see:


You want 'em.  You know you do.  It's OK...I won't tell!  Add in a Walmart, light festooned reindeer antler headband, and I was STYLIN'!!  It was clear from the stares I received that people were wishing they had my taste, my verve, my...oh, they just wanted my Paula Deen cookware?  Well, whatever...I still was a fashionista!

Lastly, on this weekend of Thanksgiving, I am sharing my new favorite internet activity:  Oovoo.com - it's awesome, way-easy videoconferencing!  Earlier this week, The Teenager talked to relatives in Oklahoma and Maine, face to face via the 'Net!  And earlier this evening, HWK got to bond with three generations of his family from over 1,000 miles away!  It's so great - if you haven't tried it, please do!  Seeing loved ones, the nuances of their expressions and the way they have grown and changed, makes being apart just a little more bearable.  Oh, and did I mention it was free?  FREE!!  I love free....

I hope you have a wonderful weekend, and remember -- nothing says "I will take you out if you try to take the last set of Paula Deen cookware!" better than red rubber ducky fleece jammies and reindeer antlers!

:)~ 



 


1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you liked everything!! And I envy your duck pajamas...and the Thanksgiving Couch A Thon...we always have the 'luxury' of traveling that day...
    Wreath should be there soon!! You may have to adjust a pinecone and fluff the bow.

    ReplyDelete