13 November 2010

Sad Melissa and her high PH soap

So remember earlier today, when I was all excited to sell my new hot process bacon, pumpkin creme brulee and eskimo kisses soapies?  And I did sell!  Um...yeah...so I sliced my loaves into individual bars, and used the last of my PH strips to just double check the individual bars of the bacon (the outside was A-OK).  Some of the bars were high.  Yes, after I had already sold them.  I didn't test the individual bars for the EK or PCB yet (see "last of my PH strips").

*slinks under porch, since the feral kitties won't even let me share one of their condos after this snafu*

So obviously I refunded the purchases, but seriously -- way too much of a blonde moment!  It was my first shot at hot process soap, and while you are supposedly able to use the soap immediately (the lye is neutralized in the cooking process), I obviously should have tested the internal PH of the loaves.  And yes, I can give them another week or two and test the PH again (must get PH strips tomorrow).  But wow-ee.

I'm mortified I could have sent out something that would have hurt, rather than help.  And terribly embarrassed.

as TT's best friend would say: "sad face" :(

No comments:

Post a Comment