13 November 2010

what insomniacs do at 3AM

I've always had trouble sleeping.  I learned long ago that sometimes it's just easier to go with it, rather than freak out and try to will myself to sleep.  But sometimes, when I'm out of books and there's nothing but bad movies and infomercials on, I find myself being very silly.  For example:

This is my favorite-est kitchen appliance (but don't tell my slow cooker):
I
I love it.  It's my friend.  My Precious!  I tried breaking up with it this summer, vowing to save myself from a life of caffeine addiction.  I was wrong.  So, so wrong.  And I have since apologized to my lovely Keurig, which can make coffee, tea, hot chocolate or just hot water in less than 60 seconds.  I hear tell, cause I would never actually eat this or allow TT to make it, that a little of its instant hot water even makes for some mean Ramen!


~  I digress ~


This afternoon HWK, TT and I were out and about, and I found this:

Really?  Butter Toffee Coffee?  It's just cruel.  I haven't even been to sleep yet, and I am already coveting my morning coffee!  So, this is my 3 AM response to the aforementioned Butter Toffee Coffee:

Oh, and to my Facebook friend that said I was getting wrinkles on my forehead: I'm 40.  This is me at 3AM, with no make-up and no sleep, in my hot pink jammies!  And no, I do not blow dry my hair.  Some days I'm lucky if I have time to pull a brush through it!  I'm not vain or threatened by my age -- I've earned my wrinkles!  So shut it -- and hand me some coffee!

Nighty-night!

2 comments:

  1. if my Kerug machine asked me...I would marry it. and you look fabulous early AM Diva! why would you ever consider giving up coffee??? It's the only thing that keeps me vertical some days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL...thanks, Dahling!!! :) It's good to know I'm not the only coffee/Keurig addict!!

    ReplyDelete