19 November 2010

Harry Potter!!!

HWK, The Teenager and I went to see Part One of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows this afternoon.  It was wonderful!  I have to admit, though, it was a bit bittersweet.  The Teenager has grown up with HP.  It was weird to see the actors we saw in HP I so grown up...especially since when I turned my head and looked at The Teenager I realized he is fast become a young man.

Now I know he's almost 6 foot, and has feet the size of small submarines.  It still was weird to think about how little he was when we were in line for the earlier movies.

Just like I wish the characters (and actors) could somehow be suspended in time, I sometimes wish we could take snapshots of The Teenager, and capture some of the fantastic moments we have experienced together.  I love watching The Teenager become a young adult, and look forward to seeing what an amazing adult he will be. ..but I will always miss the little boy that watching the movie today reminded me of.

No comments:

Post a Comment