20 September 2010

Holy Freaky Week, Batman!

Hi there!  Long time no blog!

I had hoped to launch our Etsy.com shop this past week, but alas, it was not to be.  It was a crazy week!  

Remember the smoking dishwasher?  Finally replaced.  

Remember The Teenager?  Settled into his first year of high school (nag-whine-nag-whine).

Remember my love on online shopping?  Two different vendors "lost" my paid-for-but not-received orders (don't think that will discourage me...still love me some couch based acquisitions!)

OH, and ever had a root canal?  Sheer joy!  

Ever had a tooth fracture halfway through, making oral surgery the highlight of your week?  Ecstasy!  

Every been given lovely it-doesn't-hurt-no-more-wait-what-when-did-we-get-a-unicorn pain meds for aforementioned oral surgery, even though you told the surgeon you don't take such things because they make you a wingnut?  Weeeeeee.........

Yeah....anyway.....

It wasn't all difficult.  The Teenager is, after all, back in the school groove!  Autumn is breezing its way down the Hudson, cooling our nights and surrounding us with the vivid colors of the season.

AND...tada...HWK bought me an early birthday present...



Yayyy!  HWK rocks!!!  It's (He/She?) cherry red!  Love it!!  It's happy and cheery and fun!!!



I also had a "wow...lemme think about this" moment at the local grocery store (animal lovers you are warned): 



WTH?!?!?

I was vegetarian for a brief time in college.  It's double takes like this that make me wonder if I could persuade HWK, raised on and around cattle farms, to give up meat.  Seeing the above, coupled with the movie I watched last night about Paul Watkins, Sea Shepherd founder and animal activist, makes me think I need to take a hard look at how I, and my family, can work to have a more positive impact on the world around us. 

Finally, after finishing up some left over shtuff, I will be back in my groove by midweek.  I've got crafts to make, darn it!!  I hope your week was more productive than mine, and that this week is filled with joy for us all!


2 comments:

  1. Ummm..really those chicken feet are disgusting..have you watched Food Inc?
    As for HWK...man...LURV the new puter!! xo
    Glad your back!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, they were! I can't watch Food Inc. I know I should, but I can't.

    Loving the new computer...HWK did good!!

    ReplyDelete