10 September 2010

Waiting for my online shopping lovelies to arrive and watching smoke roll from my dishwasher...

 Waiting patiently is just not a skill set I have mastered.  Being a frugal Diva, online comparison shopping is a both a necessity and a bit of an addiction.  On one hand, I love checking on my purchases and seeing their journey from different parts of the country/world as they meander their way home to me.  On the other, online shopping lacks the instant gratification factor.

I'm currently stalking the mail lady for: yummy soaps and fingerless gloves from Diva Dawn (I follow her blog http://www.baahurrah.blogspot.com/- check her out, cause she's fabulous!), bits and doodads for my soon-to-be-up-and-running Etsy.com shop, a bunch of wise-cracky t-shirts for HWK and The Teenager (ThinkGeek.com is my Geek Walmart!) and my new laptop!!  Darn Dell, btw, as they have "delayed shipment"...I know my cherry red lappytop is languishing in some warehouse wishing it were here with me, sipping Chai and pretending we have nothing better to do than love one another!

Oh, and just for the record: hand washing dishes because my dishwasher smells like burning plastic and fills with smoke is just not how I had planned to spend my morning!!  The Teenager was shocked and slightly grumpy to be asked to dry the aforementioned dishes, as he apparently believed the dishes were like the laundry - washed, sorted and returned by Faerie Folk!  Ah, youth...

Luckily for all, it is hard to be sulky (me or The Teenager) when our windows are open and our home is filled with crisp Autumn breezes!

I hope you're all enjoying a lovely Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment