13 September 2010

A perfect Autumn Weekend...

I had a prefect Autumn weekend -- here are some photos showing why!

The Teenager had The Friend over Saturday, and they stayed up quite late playing guitars.  The Teenager has been playing since he was little.  Here he is all young and adorable:
Don't tell him I posted this; it will ratchet up his teen-angst to an unbearable (for me) level!  Between HWK and The Teenager, the guitars now have a room all to themselves.  Here are some of their babies:
The white one on the right I like to call The Teenager's Savings Account, since he wiped his out buying it.

Anywho, on Sunday morning we awoke to this eye-opener:
I mean really, between the eyes and the legs being all akimbo, she's a poster kitty for birth control!

After lots of coffee and scones (yay!), HWK and I packed up The Teenager & The Friend and headed upstate to the NY Renaissance Faire.  Ohhhh, Renaissance Faires!  My Fall hobby!  Jousts, men in tights, dark chocolate dipped cheesecake on a stick (!), handmade jewelry and beautifully made girly finery...this is my idea of heaven!

We started at the joust:

Then we just wandered, stopping to listen to Cast in Bronze, a very cool traveling musician who plays a set of very small to very large bells using what looks like a converted organ:



We watched a glassblower create works of art:



We watched as a metalsmith cast jewelry for me in sand: 


The Teenager and The Friend were amazed at the transformation from 800F liquid metal to pins and pendants.

And I finally found a way to keep up with them at the Faire:
That's The Teenager on the right, the Cheeky Marmoset.  Please note the air of resignation.  He, unlike the The Treasonous Cretin Friend, is aware I may leave them here..... :)

We had a great day wandering around in the crisp Fall air watching performers and revelers alike, munching on Carny food, we didn't have to worry about The Teenager and The Friend wandering around by themselves, I now have lovely handmade jewelry, and we were all pleasantly tired on the way home.  See?  Perfect Autumn Weekend!!

Now I'm going take a minute or 30 to enjoy the last scone with my coffee before tackling this week's stuff-to-do list.  I hope your Monday is a good start to a new week!    



2 comments:

  1. I just shot coffee out my nose..woman you crack me up...
    LURV the jewelry..did you get both??
    Chocolate covered cheesecake on a stick?? Tease!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the coffee...not sure you'll get the same caffeine benefit! OF COURSE I got both...they were handcast right in front of me..and at $5 a piece, including chain, they were soooo priced right for a DimeStore Diva! And I had pumpkin cheesecake, dipped in dark chocolate, on a stick...no calories if it's seasonal, ya know!

    ReplyDelete