21 October 2010

Yummies!!

Fall is my favorite time to cook.  After a summer of running hither and dither, Fall is my time to start feathering the nest and bunkering down against a cold Northeastern Winter.  The air is getting nippy here now, and The Teenager and HWK are always ready to carb it up after running around all day.  As for me, I never met a carb I didn't like, and love the looks on HWK and The Teenager's faces when they first walk into the kitchen, noses lifted appreciatively toward whatever is wafting their way.

Earlier this week I made baked pork chops with potato, apple and onion hash, cider gravy and smashed sweet potatoes.  Carb ecstacy!  The Teenager tucked in like I hadn't fed him in a week!

This afternoon, though, I crossed over.  You know.  The Bad Place.

Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Bread 

Yeah, I said it.  I even baked it.  And here's the proof:


That's what I'm talkin' about.  Looks pretty yummy to me.  Wait - no drool?  How 'bout this, then??


Yeah...come on, now.  The Teenager is eyeing it in a way that makes me think I may not get any.  And that isn't necessarily a bad thing!   

I don't always make the time to make such yummies, but today I'm glad I did!!


1 comment:

  1. your such a dirty girl! that bread looks lushious! It's downright chilly here this morning, I'll be knitting little socks for my chickens soon!

    ReplyDelete